As a Microsoft partner, you may have received a non-renewal notice regarding your partner agreement. This notice is official and may have come as a surprise to you. However, Microsoft has provided clear transition terms to ensure a smooth transition for both parties involved.
First, it’s important to understand why your partner agreement was not renewed. Microsoft regularly evaluates its partner ecosystem to ensure that it aligns with its business goals. This evaluation includes looking at factors such as partner performance and market demand. If your partner agreement was not renewed, it may be due to a lack of alignment with Microsoft’s current business goals or a change in market demand.
Regardless of the reason, it’s important to know that your non-renewal notice is final. You can, however, continue to access your partner resources until the expiration date of your agreement. This allows you time to wind down your business operations and make any necessary transitions.
Microsoft has also provided clear transition terms for partners who may need to transition to a new partner program or seek new business opportunities. These terms include:
1. Access to Online Training and Resources: Microsoft is providing access to online training and resources to help you transition to a new partner program.
2. Access to Partner Support: Despite the non-renewal of your partner agreement, you can still access partner support until the expiration date of your agreement.
3. Partner Referral Program: Microsoft’s partner referral program allows you to receive leads from Microsoft for a period of time after the expiration of your partner agreement.
4. Partner Center Dashboard: Access to the Partner Center Dashboard will be available until the expiration date of your partner agreement, allowing you to manage your customers and subscriptions.
5. IP Co-Sell Program: If your business has IP that can be co-sold with Microsoft, you may be eligible to participate in the IP Co-Sell Program. This program allows you to work with Microsoft sales teams to co-sell your IP and receive compensation for sales.
It’s important to note that these transition terms are subject to change, and Microsoft may update them as needed. However, Microsoft is committed to supporting its partners during this transition period and ensuring that they have the necessary resources to succeed.
In conclusion, receiving a non-renewal notice from Microsoft can be a challenging experience for any partner. However, by understanding the reasons behind the decision and the transition terms available, you can make informed decisions about how to move forward. Microsoft is committed to supporting its partners during this transition period and providing access to the resources they need to succeed in the future.